Are you looking for a small bread maker? Perhaps all you want is a machine that makes an awesome loaf without being cumbersome. Do you have a small family? Maybe you’re living with your significant other and you just want to bake bread for the two of you.
Whatever your reason is – from few family members to limited kitchen space – there are bread makers that are specially designed to cater for your needs.
Top 5 Small Bread Makers
Here is a look at the top 5 small bread makers. We didn’t just look at the size of the loaf when compiling the list- we’ve gone through all their features to pick the best that the market has to offer.
These range from the ease of use, programmability, recipe options to how the bread looks and how well it tastes.
1. Zojirushi BB-HAC10 – Our Best Pick
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound...
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and...
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel;...
The size of Zojirushi BB-HAC10 machine is at 11 x 8 x 12 inches, it’s the same size as most toasters and you can easily keep it out on your kitchen counter instead of having to keep storing it in the closet.
Its quick baking cycle will have your bread ready in under 2 hours, depending on the crust selected. There’s a 13 hour delay timer that allows you to schedule the baking process according to your activities. It comes with 3 bread textures that you can choose from (regular, firm and soft).
You can also opt between regular and light crusts. This model has a cookie/pasta dough setting, so you can prepare homemade cookies and pasta. There are other options to, from basic and French bread to cakes and jam.
- It senses the correct ingredients’ temperatures before it starts baking.
- It’s light, weighing only 9 pounds.
- User friendly controls, even an 8 year old can operate the push buttons.
- It’s “keep warm” feature holds your bread at the right temperature for you.
- Easy-to-clean non-stick baking pan.
- It has a view window on the lid which enables you to watch the baking process.
- It’s quiet.
- It comes with an instruction video, manual and recipe booklet that are easy to follow.
- Carrying handle makes it convenient to move it to storage area.
- It’s on the pricy side (Amazon retail price: $179.99). This is expected due to the advanced features.
2. Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake
- 650 Watts Oster bread maker with up to a...
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings...
- ExpressBake setting bakes bread in under...
Oster CKSTBRTW20 comes with 9 different settings and 3 crust settings. Its large LCD display shows you each stage of the baking process. You can make almost anything that other bread makers can – from basic, whole wheat and gluten-free bread all the way to specialty items like jam and cake.
- It’s affordable (Retails at $59.99).
- 13-hour flexible delay timer.
- Its Expressbake feature can prepare a 2 lb. loaf in under an hour.
- Ingredients can be added during any time during the cooking process.
- Its warm setting keeps your bread warm for you in the unit after it’s finished baking.
- It has a somewhat-bland look, which may be an issue to those who are deeply concerned about aesthetic appeal.
- Since it uses a single paddle, there’ll be a hole left in the bread after the baking process.
3. Panasonic SD-BMT1000
- Japan import.
- AC100V 50Hz/60Hz.
The Panasonic bread maker comes with all the essentials, including a dough-only cycle, a delay-start function and an automatic yeast dispenser.
You can make your favorite bread, from plain white bread, herb bread and brioche to whole wheat and French bread, in addition to pizza dough, dinner rolls and even baguette. It also makes specialty marble bread with a pre-programmed function.
- It’s impressively quiet. You’ll barely notice the sound when it’s kneading.
- You can open the cover anytime during the baking process to view what’s going on.
- Great, sleek and brown look.
- Easy to wash.
- Comes with a set of oven gloves.
- You’ve got to know your way around Japanese. All the buttons and the instruction manual are in Japanese. However, you can download an English version of the manual from the manufacturer’s website.
- It’s expensive (Retails at $310.89 on Amazon).
4. Hamilton Beach HomeBaker 29882
- 12 SETTINGS INCLUDING GLUTEN-FREE...
- CHOOSE 1.5LB or 2LB LOAF AND CRUST...
- LARGE DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH DELAY TIMER...
Those with nutritional concerns will love it, since it comes with gluten-free and whole grain settings. It has 12 different settings and 3 crust settings. In addition to the common bread setting you can also make pizza dough, flat breads, croissants, cakes and jams.
- It’s affordable (Amazon retail price: $58.99).
- Easy to use. You simply add your ingredients, select your preferred cycle and start.
- Easy to clean, since the bread pan and kneading pales are dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a reminder for adding fruits and nuts.
1. It’s a bit heavy, as it weighs 12.6 pounds
5. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable
- 600W programmable bread maker makes...
- 12 cooking functions and 3 crust shade...
- Timer can be programmed to delay baking...
- It’s affordable (Amazon retail price: $63.99).
- User-friendly touch control panel.
- Has a non-stick baking pan.
- Very durable.
- LCD display shows each stage of the bread-making process.
- Has a viewing window where you can observe the baking as it takes place.
- It’s heavy (weighs 18.6 pounds).
- It’s a bit noisy during the kneading process.
One of the greatest benefit of these small bread machines is that they pay for themselves over time. You’ll no longer have to spend on supermarket or bakery bread. In addition, flour, sugar, salt and yeast are fairly inexpensive.
They are a worthy investment that slashes down on your weekly grocery bill. You also get to bake your bread exactly the way you love it. Don’t forget the versatility of other recipes like pizza dough, cakes and jams.
Having a bread maker is literally creating a bakery in your kitchen – the heart of your home.